Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Vera Wang scraps the crazy wedding dress fees

Since I am not married and nor do I plan to be anytime soon (I plan on dying alone). I don't know much about wedding dresses. I only know about wedding make-up since I work in the industry.

But even I think this is a little insane.

Vera Wang has recently announced she is dropping the $500 charge for trying on her dresses. She appears to only be dropping the charge because so many people complained about it recently that it hit the media and then that started an unholy shit storm.

Oh but for $500 you don't just get a fancy dress to try on, you get an afternoon tea, a consultation and a 90 minute trying on session. Wow....that afternoon tea would want to be made of liquid gold for that price.

VW employees defended the charge by saying it is to weed out students and other broke people from wasting their valuable shop time. This I understand because I get this too when you have to do trials for make-up. I charge people for my time because I am providing a service. However, charging people for trying on dresses is insanity.

If you decide to buy one of the dresses then the charge is taken out of your wedding dress payment. However if you don't then you've wasted $500 which could have been used to pay your make-up artist - cough cough.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar