Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Spring Insta Dri Selections

Today I have what I think are the two most interesting polishes from the latest limited edition Sally Hansen Insta Dri collection. They're not necessarily the prettiest, but they're definitely the quirkiest, and I like quirky, so I had to try them.

Chartreuse Chase is a yellow-leaning lime green shimmer that I liked way more than I expected to on my nails. It's a bright color but the shimmer adds a nice softness to it, too, which makes it way more wearable for me than a creme of the same color.





In the category of "what were they smoking at that meeting?", we have Snappy Sprinkles, which features muted rose and iridescent lime green bar glitter in a slighty murky clear base. Since I had Chartreuse Chase on already, I first tried Snappy Sprinkles over that. Not surprisingly, the lime glitter blended into the base color, which made the rose bars more prominent. I didn't think this was a particularly good combination. For these swatches, I didn't use top coat, but it'd definitely be needed to wear this for a full mani, since the glitter pieces are somewhat floppy and tend to crinkle and stick up. I guess that makes this more of a string glitter than a bar glitter.







Since Snappy Sprinkles over yellowy lime was not good for me, I decided to try a base color that contrasted better with the glitter. I put on Revlon Ruby, a dark red creme. At two coats, it covered but looked too bright to make a good background for the rose glitter, so I went to three coats to darken it up more. Then, since I was skeptical that Snappy Sprinkles would look good on its own, I used the "when in doubt, add more glitter" approach and put a coat of Lippmann Some Enchanted Evening on two of my fingers, thinking the rosy glitter in that would coordinate nicely with the Sprinkles. I also used two coats of Snappy Sprinkles instead of the one I'd used over the chartreuse.




Snappy Sprinkles on its own over Ruby.



Snappy Sprinkles over Some Enchanted Evening over Ruby.


I like Snappy Sprinkles better over the deep red, but I'm still not sold on the rose and lime combination. Maybe it's one of those things that's an a acquired taste. I do have to give Sally Hansen credit for giving us something that's different; I haven't seen any other glitters like this in the spring displays.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar