Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

the saturday morning single ritual


A lot of people complain that there is nothing to do in Limerick, I beg to differ. I have decided to share my single girl saturday routine with the world.
Since I have become single (a while ago i might add) I fashioned a routine. Some me time on a saturday morning. I think it's important to do this because it allows you time to reflect on life, love and shoes.
so, my morning is like this, 
  • i get up after a lie in.
  • go to college to see if things need doing
  • after college I walk up to the saturday market for a gander.
  • I purchase a hot dog off the english guy who sells hot dogs ( i come over all english when i speak to him. like a fucking enid blyton reject, "oh yes, onions please! then maybe afterwards we could go to the park and drink ginger ale while feeding timmy the dog acid")
  • I eat my hot dog while strolling around the market and then into the edge to see what needs lusting over.
  • I make my way uptown pausing briefly at river island to 'catch my breath'.
  • (funny how i always catch my breath in the shoe section isn't it?)
  • I stop into the pet shop on foxes bow to look at the cute little gerbils and rats.
  • i go to the limerick city gallery pausing briefly to wonder why my art doesn't look like that.
  • then i go to the centra, get a coffee and have a fag in the park while eyeing up the hot men and women wandering around.
all this before half one. no wonder i'm wrecked....
But I don't miss having a partner with me. this is me time for me designed by me and i enjoy it. Sometimes I stop in the library (damn forgot to do that today) and i enjoy a morning to being bloody boring. it costs me about 5 euro to do (hot dog and coffee) the rest is free.
other fun things to do include
  • coffee in cafe noir
  • feeding the ducks
  • go to the cresent and perve over the new topshop stuff
  • sitting by the docks having coffee watching ducks choke on the mouldy ends of the bread
  • go try on cosmetics in debanhams and experiment with lipsticks and perfumes.
  • have a 'moment' on cruises street where you decide if going into ann summers would depress you and remind you of all the sex your not having, or if it's time to get a new vibrator and not think about all the sex your not having.....
see, I do do something kinda like it when i have a partner but i prefer not. i'm happy being single. but recently I was asked, why. 
i replied, why not?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar