Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"With this ring, I thee wed"

I am currently taking a general religion course and the other day, I was sitting in the class and we were talking about symbols in different religions. The professor brought up what the wedding ring is supposed to symbolize, and somehow he went onto a tangent about the woman taking the man's last name after marriage. He proceeded to tell the class that it was becoming outdated and many people don't do that anymore and in fact, most women do not want to take the man's last name because they want to be their own person.
While I understand what my professor is saying, and how I can see that some women would not take their husband's last name because of their profession or other reasons, I personally plan on taking my husbands last name. I mean, a wedding for me is not for a very long time (6 years or more!) but when it is my time to get married, I feel as though I would be excited to take my husbands last name. Of course I am proud of my family's last name, and respect it fully, I think that out of tradition, that I will take my husband's last name. My mother took my dad's last name, all of my aunts took their husband's last names, and I'm not really sure I've even met many people who haven't taken their husband's last names.
I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this matter? If you are married, did you choose to take your husband's last name or not? And why or why not did you?
Have a great day!!
Yours,
sCe

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar