Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Happy Birthday on St. Patrick's Day

20 years.  T.w.e.n.t.y.

Where do the years go?

Twenty years ago today in the middle of the night after a long day of labor, I delivered our first child... a beautiful baby with porcelain-doll features, blue eyes, and blond hair.  She was our little princess, and our world completely changed with her entrance.



How fast the years seemed to pass, first tooth, first words, first step, first day of kindergarten, first day of piano lessons... then before we knew it, there she stood on the brink of teenager years, with her long golden braided hair, braces, glasses and transitioning from child into independence... then soon a high schooler, and then graduating... and now, here we are today... twenty years later... in college, an accomplished artist and musician... and the years just keep moving on... and on.. and on!!!

Our sweet St. Patrick's baby... 20 years old today.  Somehow I feel like I should feel older than I do, but I don't.  I still feel like it was just yesterday she was born.

Display at a local thrift store

Today, to celebrate her entrance into the world 20 years ago, we spent the day together, her and I.  We went to a local town to shop the thrift stores for bargains.  I've taught her well {smiles}.... it was her choice what she wanted to do, and this is what she asked for.  I was only too happy to oblige.


She and I like simple things.  She could have eaten anywhere she wanted ~ our treat ~ but Subway was her choice... and again, I was only too happy to oblige.  Subway has long been a favorite restaurant of mine... like mother, like daughter they say!

And then something very special for me happened on my daughter's birthday!  As we were finishing our lunch, a car pulled up outside the restaurant, and as the children exited, I thought to myself, they look really familiar.  And then I realized just why these precious children looked so familiar to me, when I saw their mother exit the car.  I recognized her because I have followed her blog for some time now, and she is a precious woman who describes herself as one who "lives every day with prayer, chocolate and sweet baby kisses"... I can relate...although sadly, my sweet baby kisses have grown up into sweet loving hugs, lol!

Kendra who blogs at Living In The Shoe just happened to come into Subway to eat just as we were there.  I knew that we didn't live too far from each other, but still ~ the chances of us just happening upon each other were pretty slim... but we did!  It was a precious meeting for both of us, as I walked over to where they were, and asked her... "Are  you Kendra?"  She turned to me with a bit of a shocked look, and I quickly explained who I was, and then we laughed and hugged... just like old friends!  I introduced her to my daughter.  Her children were loading up in their vehicle as we visited because they had a time deadline, and so we didn't have long to chat.  However, it was such a blessing to visit with her for just those few short minutes before they had to leave.

Myself, Dallas & Kendra


If you haven't met Kendra yet... be sure to stop by and say hello to her... your soul will be refreshed, and you might need to grab some chocolate, or a tissue or two... she shares deeply from her heart, and is always a blessing for me to read what she has to say.


I had to share just a few pictures we took as we traveled today.  The sun was shining, and a cool wind blowing... and those snow-topped mountains danced in the sunlight.  Our souls soaked up every bit of the sunshine, how welcome it is!


It is so good to see the snow still on top of the mountains... we are hoping it stays there for a while yet to help with the spring melt, and to help the lakes and rivers fill with the needed water from the snow melt.


As the sun was setting... this was the view in my rear-view mirror...


I truly don't know that I ever see a sunset here that doesn't thrill my soul with its beauty!


Orange shadows from the fiery skies lingering gently...


Driving into the sun... it was sinking fast...


The world was bathed in the warm fiery glow...


Stark trees soaking up the last bit of  warmth from the skies...


Golden light reflecting in the darkening shadows of the river...


A beautiful ending to a lovely St. Patrick's Day.... many blessings, beautiful memories, a time of sweet fellowship together with my daughter.... a chance meeting with a precious blogger... a beautiful sunset to round out the day... just about as perfect a day as one can have.  :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar