Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Home Tour 2016

Hello friends... I hope you are all having a great week.  And now that fall is officially here, let me begin by wishing everyone a happy and warm autumn.

Today I am sharing a little tour of our homes fall décor.   Let me begin by welcoming you to our home.  I am so happy to have you here.  I hope that you will find a bit of inspiration here. 

Fall is by far, one of my favorite seasons.   Crimson leaves of all shades come together to create a majestic brown and gold foliage like no other.  The cool crisp mornings, pumpkin spice lattes and endless amount of fall activities are all magical to me.   And of course, my favorite part is decorating our home for the autumn season.

I do like decorating our home in the traditional autumn colors. There is a certain warmth and comfort that these earthy tones bring to a home.  Truth is, I think our little pooch Max loves these colors too. The minute I began decorating our foyer, he parked himself near the door and napped for hours and is his go to spot since. 





Here is Max greeting you at our door.


I begin by placing a burlap runner on top of our radiator, then I layered a burnt orange runner for a pop of color.  A vintage crate holds a few velvet pumpkins, rustic signs and candles add visual impact.  















This was the perfect place to display my favorite pattern by Spode.  



This is our recently refreshed dining room.  My husband and I worked in this room for a month.  My poor husband has been so helpful...  Thank goodness that he always supports me and my numerous ideas for decorating our home.  I am so fortunate.  

A few pieces have been painted to give them a second life but I think our over sized hutch will be replaced eventually.  

Here, I kept things simple.  A few seasonal floral arrangements, pillows and throws transition the room to autumn. It is one of my favorites rooms in our home now.  The previous decor was grand and a bit too formal. Now, the room feels easy, unpretentious and inviting.












This small sideboard was originally dark.  We decided to paint the piece a warm wheat-mustard tone. I love how it turned out.  What a difference color makes.  Lamps give it scale while a basket filled with a seasonal accessories give this sideboard visual interest.










In our breakfast room, the colors are also warm which makes it easy to decorate for fall.


A dramatic fall floral arrangement gives this table interest while a simple but seasonal table setting eases in to fall.  



















Autumn has the beauty of earth's majestic colors, foliage and flora.  Remember that decorating for the season can be as simple as adding a few pumpkins and candles.  Bring in natural elements from your 
own garden.  No need to be perfect or to go over budget.  Regardless of how you decide to decorate your home, it is about making your home feel cozy and warm for family and friends. 

May you all have a happy and blessed autumn season.

Janet 

















Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar