Greetings dear friends & readers.
Another month has slipped on by & we have only one month of winter remaining before we welcome
my favourite season - Spring!
I had a good trip down to Mum's but it is always lovely to be home again ... these two below missed me & as well as refusing to eat, fat blackie went missing for a day & a night while I was away
He has slept most of the time since my return, so I am guessing he covered a fair distance in his wanderings.
I had a large box ofjunk unwanted treasures in my car to deliver to one of the Op Shops in Mums town ... I knew Mum had a few things to add to this box.
These two items below were on the top of the box ... they were miniature clotheslines that had been for sale in my Cottage for a very long time.
I had a large box of
These two items below were on the top of the box ... they were miniature clotheslines that had been for sale in my Cottage for a very long time.
Just prior to my journey I pulled them back out of the box as I had an idea for them 😉
I had this lovely Christmas panel in my stash so - upon my return home - I made each clothesline a simple hanging "quilt" from one of the squares in my panel
I tightened the strings & gave the wood a polish with a slightly darker oil - they came up well.
I attached my "quilt" with some festive pegs, then made 2 small buntings from hessian scraps & filled the cane baskets with greenery & pip berries.
I attached my "quilt" with some festive pegs, then made 2 small buntings from hessian scraps & filled the cane baskets with greenery & pip berries.
I attached a wooden "flag" to each pole with a small brass nail.
I thought they turned out rather well & would look lovely adorning a small Christmas table.
Hopefully they will sell at my craft stall.
I thought they turned out rather well & would look lovely adorning a small Christmas table.
Hopefully they will sell at my craft stall.
Just prior to my trip away, I put the finishing touches on another (condensed milk tin) flower
You can read about my first attempt at these flowers * here *
You can read about my first attempt at these flowers * here *
This one was made in some pretty Tilda fabrics in green/blue tonings
I now have two flowers for my craft stall but if they don't sell, I am quite happy to keep them as I love them both 💗
My friend Donna had made me this gorgeous handknitted & felted pot for my birthday
& decorated it with felt pom poms
Mum gave me some birthday money so I purchased a shiny, healthy Peace Lily on my trip home
which just sat perfectly in the pot.
Though there was definately no time for any shopping this trip, I had to spend time waiting for a prescription for Mum at the one & only Pharmacy in her town. This just happens to be beside & opposite a large Hospice & SPCA shop ... so of course, I felt compelled to go for a quick squizz!
These treasures above were from the Hospice Shop ... doileys, mother-of-pearl buttons, a wooden trug & a good novel - & below were my finds from the SPCA shop
I could not leave these epp flowers & hexies behind ... someones lovingly stitched handwork ... all for just $4 a bagfull
These dainty little dishes were $3 each ... Oh how I love them so ... they remind me of cross stitch
I have put backs on each of them & hung them beside my Tilda Angel so I can look at, & enjoy them 💗
Speaking of gorgeous vintage treasures, my dear friend Sally has opened an online store Hollyhock Vintage
You can visit Sally to have a browse at the shelves of her store or go Here to visit her facebook page ... she has some very tempting pieces in there that I could just see living at my Home !
My sister in law Leonie gifted me this beautiful soy Kearose Candle while I was down at Mums ... I had helped her with a large cleaning job & she wanted to thank me.
The fragrance is French Pear + Vanilla & it smells so divine burning in my lounge.
Finally dear friends, 3 days before my trip away, I got to spend the morning at my eldest grandsons Daycare for Grandparents Morning.
It was a wonderful time ... he is a busy little boy & was quite delighted to show Granny all the activities.
Just wonderful & such a special time 💜
Thanks so much for your visits today ... it is always lovely to have you stop by,
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead ... be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x
I now have two flowers for my craft stall but if they don't sell, I am quite happy to keep them as I love them both 💗
My friend Donna had made me this gorgeous handknitted & felted pot for my birthday
& decorated it with felt pom poms
Mum gave me some birthday money so I purchased a shiny, healthy Peace Lily on my trip home
which just sat perfectly in the pot.
Though there was definately no time for any shopping this trip, I had to spend time waiting for a prescription for Mum at the one & only Pharmacy in her town. This just happens to be beside & opposite a large Hospice & SPCA shop ... so of course, I felt compelled to go for a quick squizz!
These treasures above were from the Hospice Shop ... doileys, mother-of-pearl buttons, a wooden trug & a good novel - & below were my finds from the SPCA shop
I could not leave these epp flowers & hexies behind ... someones lovingly stitched handwork ... all for just $4 a bagfull
These dainty little dishes were $3 each ... Oh how I love them so ... they remind me of cross stitch
I have put backs on each of them & hung them beside my Tilda Angel so I can look at, & enjoy them 💗
Speaking of gorgeous vintage treasures, my dear friend Sally has opened an online store Hollyhock Vintage
You can visit Sally to have a browse at the shelves of her store or go Here to visit her facebook page ... she has some very tempting pieces in there that I could just see living at my Home !
My sister in law Leonie gifted me this beautiful soy Kearose Candle while I was down at Mums ... I had helped her with a large cleaning job & she wanted to thank me.
The fragrance is French Pear + Vanilla & it smells so divine burning in my lounge.
Finally dear friends, 3 days before my trip away, I got to spend the morning at my eldest grandsons Daycare for Grandparents Morning.
It was a wonderful time ... he is a busy little boy & was quite delighted to show Granny all the activities.
Thanks so much for your visits today ... it is always lovely to have you stop by,
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead ... be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x
















0 Yorumlar