Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Interview and Podcasts


One of the very pleasant things about participating in crime fiction events is that they can lead to all sorts of unexpected and agreeable further activities. A good example cropped up recently when I put on my Victorian mystery event at Stockton-on-~Tees. I was approached afterwards by a couple of chaps from Southside Broadcasting, which has links not only with hospital radio in the North East, but also festivals further afield, in particular in Lincoln.

The outcome of our conversation was that on Friday I was interviewed by Southside by phone about my writing. This was a pre-record, to be broadcast in the near future, and Southside kindly offered to let me have an mp3 version to upload on my site as a podcast.

A podcast would be a new departure for me, though there is already on my website a video interview that I did with Legal TV before it disappeared into oblivion (I don’t think this was solely because I used to appear on their programmes).

What I’m wondering is whether those of you who have websites, and those of you who visit authors’ websites, think that podcast interviews are potentially of interest and worth including on a site such as mine? Or don’t you have enough time to bother with them? In my own case, I’ve listened to very few, one of the exceptions being an interview that John Baker gave about his latest novel, which I found fascinating. My website contains plenty of text interviews, but it is worth expanding in this direction? All opinions, for and against, will be gratefully received…

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar