Wednesday, we did not leave the house. It was rainy all day, so no drive or picking up meds, just staying home. Plus, there was a tornado watch from about 3 pm until 2 or 3 am over the whole area. Then, individual warnings were issued with the attendant polygons. Or, something like that. I had no sleep the night before, so I took a good looong nap. Tommy said the tornado sirens went off a couple of times and he was afraid they would wake me. No fear, I was out for good.
We did not wear our St. Patrick's Day pins for each other, so he put them back in the six pack I found for 50 cents. Dinner was not St. Pat Day food. I baked chicken with potatoes and carrots, all sprinkled with Italian seasoning. Plus, I cooked the cabbage on the stove. We thought it was delicious.
St Patrick was born in Scotland to Roman parents, so Italian seasoning is not off at all. He was Italian, not Irish.
As for myself, I was so happy to have chicken breasts again. It has been about two weeks, and I miss it. More chicken is thawing so I can cook more on at least Saturday.
As it turns out, there few injuries or loss of life from the day of tornadoes, thankfully. I think there were 27 tornado warnings, but the powers be have not sorted it out as to how many were multiple sightings of individual tornadoes. There was an incredible amount of home damage for an EF1 tornado.
UPDATE: In five states, there was only one death and it was in Mississippi.
My few Easter items are coming out. I have already bought Tommy his chocolate Easter bunny wrapped in gold foil. He allows me to have an ear so neither of us will be eating so much. It really makes him happy. He says it reminds him of his childhood Easters.
Have you started putting out Easter stuff? Or, are you still in the planning stage? What are your customary Easter treats? I really don't do much decorating.

0 Yorumlar