Let's go to random airports! George Bailey ("It's a Wonderful Life") thought that the three most exciting sounds were "...anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles". You wouldn't argue with George Bailey, would you? Of course, nowadays airports are just oases of fun, where everyone goes to buy a tasty Cinnabon and read a quality novel (such as "The DaVinci Code"), while enjoying some good-natured ribbing with the TSA employees.
I love this first photo (undated) at the gate onto a nearby runway. The wooden cart stacked high with luggage (including one tartan bag) is novel, but the people are what make this the most fun. A nice gentleman wipes the tears from the face of a woman (hopefully a woman he knows) - is she happy to have just arrived, or sad at the thought of leaving? It will remain a mystery, though I suspect the woman was about to fly to either Flint, Michigan or New York. I'll be curious to see if any clever GDB reader will be able to name this airport. There aren't many clues except for the sign for "Capital Airlines" - which at one time was the fifth largest airline in the country.
Here's another undated, unlabeled image at some unknown airport; I suddenly feel the need to drive a bright orange vehicle. This airport appears to be a bit more modern than the one in the previous photo, with fancy mobile stairs! No leaping 10 feet to the ground here. In spite of the dearth of information about this photo, I love it anyway.



0 Yorumlar