I've shared my goal to better organize our (thousands) of photos and school moments and projects a few times over the years. It's one of my biggest organizational thorns in my side! I've never found a great way to store photos, especially in a way that we can really enjoy them.
I'm sure many of you are asking why I haven't just used photo albums, and I do plan to add them to albums eventually. I haven't done that yet because we had WAY too many photos to even begin adding them to albums. And so many of them are too big to fit into the albums we have.
You can see how many boxes of photos I had when I shared our organized linen closet a few years ago:
You can see how that started as my "Monica closet" here. :) That didn't include the larger boxes full of bigger photos as well.
I'm so thankful to have all of these pictures! Most of them are from my childhood and older family photos. Unfortunately I have very little as far as mementos from my youth so these photos are a real treasure!
Earlier last year when the world slowed down, I vowed to take the time to sort through ALL of the photos. I spent many nights going through each box, sorting and decluttering. We had SO many double photos (you youngins won't even know what I'm talking about!). Remember when you could get two of each photo developed?
I tossed ALL of the doubles and also tossed photos of people I didn't know. I'm not talking about long lost family members, but childhood friends I don't remember, or photos my parents took of people I don't remember at all. (My mother passed away last year and my Dad didn't want them.)
I decluttered our photos before a few years ago, but it's definitely easier to let go of more as I get older. 😁
I sorted what I had left into decades and organized them in the photo boxes that way. I cut the boxes down from eight to four!
I still had the issue of organizing a TON of large photos -- sized 5x7 and up. I threw all of them into larger boxes like this one so they were all in one spot:
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
See my policies and disclosure page for more information.
It's bugged me that these have been piled up in here instead of organized so we can enjoy them. A few weeks ago I came across the answer to my problems!
I'm not sure if I can adequately describe my love for these simple art portfolios. They are the answer to so many of my paper organization woes! They come in a bunch of different sizes:



0 Yorumlar