Last night, Merci and Mr. Merci hosted a little fete at their mansion nestled deep in the very tasteful woods of Cape May County. It was a lovely affair with fabulous food, sparkling conversation and buckets of frozen cocktails... The hostess was in rare form after sipping several watermelon martinis (you should have seen her start that conga line), and unsuccessfully tried to brew some coffee (I told her to leave that chore to the help!). Nonetheless she dazzled with witty repartee, tales of world travel, and an apple cream pie that will no doubt be the envy of this year's Betty Crocker Bake Off!As our personal driver was on vacation, Whatshisname had to motor us the fifty-some miles from Utopia to Merciville.
The trip down was uneventful as we took the expressway and parkway.
The way home, not so much.
Deciding to travel the back-roads, we, of course, drove smack in to a torrential rainstorm, missed a couple of turns, and got lost.As the rain battered the car and we seemingly drove in circles, I finally convinced my partner to pull in to the parking lot of a little taproom so that we could secure directions. Leaving him in the car to bitch to himself (because problem solving is not one of my other half's strong suits), I exited the car and walked the several steps to the front door of the bar; and was pretty much drenched by the time I stepped inside.
Luckily, I chanced upon a pleasant enough bartender who offered me a clean towel to dry off, and great directions to get home.
Back in the car, I slipped Whatshisname a Valium and the directions, and off we went...he eventually cooled off and calmed down, the rain let up, and we found our way back to civilization.

0 Yorumlar