Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

SURPRISE: E-Ticket Magazine's last issue



Simply the best resource ever created for the Disney theme park obsessed person is E-Ticket magazine. The magazine has been lovingly produced since 1986 by brothers Leon and Jack Janzen. In 2003 Leon suddenly passed away but the magazine continued to trickle out an issue here and there until this past week. Issue #46 will be the final issue. When I saw the posting online from a chatboard that copies were being found in people's mailboxes, I rushed home and saw the familiar white envelope and label.

Over the fourth of July weekend I took advantage of the great weather and poured over this 64 page jammed pack issue. What did I discover?

  • The good news is the E-Ticket archives will be housed at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
  • One of my favorite features is something that I am sure is overlooked quite often. When you go to the title box with the copyrights and permissions is usually a succinct, very funny take on what that particular issue is all about. In one past issue I learned of the one bad beam on the monorail track.
  • One of Disney's most famous Imagineers is Tony Baxter. His attraction posters adorn the walls of Redd Rocket's Pizza Parlor in Disneyland's Tomorrowland. His in depth interview takes on a wonderful journey of familiar attractions and those that didn't get past the drawing board. He gets into the values that guide his design process. Wonderful interview.
  • Sometimes the magazine looks at other Southern California tourist attractions. In this issue we dial the wayback machine and revisit Santa's Village in the San Bernardino Mountains which closed in 1998. Santa had a monorail?
  • Another feature that I love is Wings Over Disneyland. Each historic photo spills over two pages and the amount of change within the park becomes self-evident. This time we fly over the east side of the park in 1956 the west side in 1966.
  • Of course there are always letters to the editors.
  • And now we are ready for the feature attraction. An exhaustive look at Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. This article goes into so much detail it would make Lou Mongello jealous. Everyone who ever writes about this attraction will end up using this as the absolute reference. I am so glad there is a single rider line.
You can no longer subscribe to E-Ticket Magazine but it is usually available at the Disneyana shop on Main Street at Disneyland.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar