Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top Ten Books I Struggled to Get Into

 

 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted. Everyone is welcome to join. Link back to The Broke and the Bookish so everyone can check out other bloggers' lists. It's a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.

This week is Top Ten books I struggled to get into but loved or whatever variant thereof.  I'm going with ten books that didn't entirely work for me even though there may be things I did like. In a couple cases I liked the book just fine, there was just a few questionable elements. So here we are... 


Vicarious (Vicarious, #1)

Vicarious had a neat premise, and I love the VR angle, but it just didn't work for me, and I skipped the sequel. 

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1)

This was a series I'd been wanting to try for a bit and I enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away. I like the idea of her traveling the rooftops and keeping tabs on all the cryptids, but IDK- it's not motivating me to read on? I've almost started the next one a few times, but never do... 

Ready Player One

Heresy I know? How could I NOT like RPO? Actually I did (Galaga references? Joust references?) but I didn't love it as much as some did, and there were stretches where I kinda zoned out or got a bit bored. I know, probably just a me thing. 

The Passenger

Not a bad book but just left me a little flat. 

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)

I liked this one too but there were a few stretches where it dragged just a bit. Good book though. 

Freeks

I actually liked this book, the romance just happened way too fast. 
Bloodline (Star Wars)

This was okay, I even liked it in a lot of ways, but for me it suffers from the whole new Star Wars canon thing- parts of it don't make sense to me. I liked the other Claudia Gray SW book a lot more. 

Winter of the Gods (Olympus Bound, #2)

This was a disappointment. Killer cover and a follow-on to a book I liked, The Immortals, but this just did not work for me. Skipping the third. 

All We Have Is Now

Disappointed by this as well. The story of two kids who face the end of the world- I wanted a little more end of the world and a little less driving around and angsting. Not a bad book, but not my thing. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar